Oh yes she did.
Shannon called me out as the person most likely to respond to this meme.
Dammit I'm such a people-pleaser.
1. What is your occupation? Writer, teacher, translator.
2. What color are your socks right now? Black (both pair). My feet would always be cold in the winter if I didn't layer. The under pair are just anklets like I'd wear in the summer with sneakers, and the outer pair is the more traditional, mid-calf-ending sock. And yes, my feet are toasty.
3. What are you listening to right now? Sweet silence interrupted by thunder. We're in the middle of a storm, so I have everything unplugged, including this laptop, which is on the battery. I have another hour for either the storm or the battery to surrender. I'll have to wait until the storm is over to post this, too, since I'm afraid to plug in the phone.
4. What was the last thing that you ate? Pears and gorgonzola.
5. Can you drive a stick shift? Not yet, but there's been talk around here of my attempting to conquer the whole Italian driver's license thing. In case you aren't aware, most cars around here aren't automatic.
6. If you were a crayon what color would you be? Probably white since I'm so freaking pale. Although I wear a lot of black to balance that. Maybe grey then.
7. The last person you spoke to on the phone? My dad.
8. Do you like the person who sent this to you? The founder of What's Cooking Wednesday? She's fantabulous!
9. How old are you today? 3o. Incidentally, I know several people who celebrate their birthday today, February 13th, so Happy Birthday/Auguri!.
10. Favorite drink? Cappuccino.
11. What is your favorite sport to watch? I'll go with college basketball even though I haven't watched any in years. *sigh*
12. Have you ever dyed your hair? I've highlighted, and I'll do it again. I'm sure I'll be actually dying (my hair) soon though as I'm noticing far too many (unwanted) white visitors.
13. Pets? Luna Balloona! The chickens and whatnot don't count as, you know, we eat them and all.
14. Favorite food? I go in kicks with food. Right now I'm really into the pears and gorgonzola (see #4). But this too shall pass. I don't know what will be next.
15. What was the last movie you watched? The Terminal with Tom Hanks. I hadn't even heard of it but I really enjoyed it. Especially the second time when I watched it in English--Tom Hanks with a Russianesque accent is too cute!
16. What do you do to vent anger? Stew, breathe, and call my mom.
17. What was your favorite toy as a child? Hmm...probably crayons and coloring books--I seem to recall two that I actually finished--Care Bears and Strawberry Shortcake.
18. What is your favorite season? Fall, but more so in the States than here. We don't have all those pretty colored leaves all over the place, unfortunately.
19. Hugs or kisses? Yes please!
20. Cherries or Blueberries? Depends on my mood, and my continent. We don't get blueberries around here, you know.
21. Do you want your friends to email you back? My friends, acquaintances, faithful and casual readers, yes; German spammers no (don't know what's up with that).
22. Who is most likely to respond? Vanessa even though she doesn't have a blog. At least I hope she responds.
23. Who is least likely to respond? Everyone else I know who blogs (I've got that one covered, eh?).
24. Living arrangements? Yes, I have them. Oh, you mean like with P and Luna in a centuries-old stone house? See #2.
25. When was the last time you cried? While reading an email this morning from an old friend; it's not the first time it's happened.
26. What is on the floor of your closet? Uh, what *isn't* on the floor of my closet?
27. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending this to? Since this is going out into the blogosphere, it's hard to tell. But probably that one from #25 since it's hard to know me longer than he has and not be related to me.
28. What did you do last night? Ate dinner, watched the end of Mission Impossible 2, read a few pages in a Sue Grafton book, and went to sleep.
29. Favorite smells? Lavender, vanilla, jasmine, Nivea body wash.
30. What are you afraid of? See #5.
31. Favorite dog breed? Luna Balloona, whatever she is. You tryin' to start trouble in this house?
33. Number of keys on your key ring? 3. My house, P's house, and P's parents' house.
34. Favorite day of the week? Tuesday. I'm not sure why, but I've just always liked it.
35. How many Provinces have you lived in? Ooh, interesting, since we don't have these in the U.S. But let's go with different places in which I've been registered to vote--counties (3) and this province in Italy, so 4 all together.
36. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving. A whole day dedicated to overeating!
37. Ever driven a motorcycle or heavy machinery? No, and I have no desire to do so. I've been on a motorcycle, but no heavy machinery is coming to mind. As an aside, driving a motorino is a distinct possibility in the future.
38. Ever left the country? I've left more than one country.
39. Favorite kind of music? Anything that doesn't give me a headache from a repetitive dance beat. I tend to like folky, acoustic stuff with just a guitar and a singer. Some other instruments allowed so long as they don't give me a headache.
40. Last book you read? I'm finishing a Sue Grafton (G is for Gumshoe) I started a long time ago. I forgot about it in a bag. In case you're wondering, I haven't decided whether to finish Charlotte Simmons. It's rough going there.
41. What career do you wish you had pursued? I wish I had pursued writing from an earlier age, but I'm catching up methinks.