26 June 2007
italy bloggers rock (or at least we like free stuff)

I saw this yesterday at Aimee (Roo)'s and then at An Island Life and Sandier Pastures. Once I got thinking, it was too much fun to pass up, so I'm going to play too.

Author Rosina Lippi is having a meme contest to get the word out about the upcoming release date for Tied to the Tracks (more information below). The theme is: Five Reasons the Best [Writers, Bloggers] Come From [a geographical space, real or imaginary] and the prizes are (1) a $100 Amazon gift certificate and (2) a pile o' books, including some of Lippi's, signed.

Pretty cool huh? If you want to enter, you have until July 3rd, so get moving!

Here's my entry:

Five Reasons the Best Bloggers Come From the Bel Paese (Italy)

1. Consonants are cool, but everyone knows that vowels make the world go round. We use more of them in Italy than you ever thought possible. Just a small example: “Ciaoooooooo!”

2. Inspiration abounds in our rolling hills, gorgeous lakes, pristine seas, Renaissance art, wine (ah il vino!), and even the mozzarella--especially when it goes funny.

3. We’ll never let you go home hungry, even encouraging you to take that third helping of pasta because (get this!) "you're too thin!"

4. You want history, culture, and traces of ancient civilization? We got your history, culture, and traces of ancient civilization right here pal.

5. Everyone loves Italia! You don't *have* to, of course, but if you don’t, we’ll find you. We know people.




Tied to the Tracks
by Rosina Lippi. July 3, 2007. ISBN: 0425215326

"[This] is a hilarious, smart, sexy novel with a heart of gold." -- Susan Wiggs

"[Lippi] turns her buoyant creative talents to the romantic comedy genre with an effervescent tale of a trio of offbeat Yankee filmmakers plunked down deep in the heart of Dixie." -- Booklist

Read an excerpt. (Adobe Reader required)| Watch the book trailer

You can find Tied to the Tracks at Amazon , Barnes & Nobel, Borders, Powells, or at your local independent bookseller.

This meme has been entered in the Tied to the Tracks contest, originating on Rosina Lippi's Storytelling2 weblog. If you'd like to enter the BUCKS & BOOKS meme contest, get the rules here.

Labels: ,



20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for jumping into the meme -- I'm getting entries from all over the world.

My family is from Stella Cilento in the Campagnia. In the mountains upland from Salerno.

Blogger Paul Daniel Ash said...

Whoa.

Is it that hot down there, that you're getting up at the buttcrack of dawn to blog?

cioé: buona mattina!

Ciao Rosina! Another part of my Italian family is from the small village of Pisciotta in the Salerno province--not too far from Stella Cilento according to the map I'm looking at :)

Paolo, well, sort of. I was up at 4 because P is working outside right now--better to get an early start and finish by midday for him, so we're on adjusted hours. The blog post was just bonus :) And since I haven't set up that Picasa thingee yet, I'll send you a sunrise pic from a few hours ago....

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great answers to the meme! Goodluck!

Blogger John Cropper said...

Good reasons, indeed!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think #3 is my favorite!! Good luck, girl.. hope you win.

Grace, thanks; loved yours too :)

John, well I certainly think so, but I'm a little biased....

Bella, mine too, and thanks :)

Blogger somepinkflowers said...

you have such energy
over here on your blog!

always up and out doing things,
into this and that...

i just love it!

:-)

PS--please, please, do something with green peppers soon on your ~~what's cooking wednesday~~
as i have a TON of them, garden fresh, and i need ideas.

I like your entry! E vero...good luck.

Blogger Paul Daniel Ash said...

You're so sweet.

It was so odd to see a new post at like 7pm my local...!

Quanti gradi c'è?

SPF, the funny thing is that I'm so *not* a joiner in everyday life but when I come across these kinds of things in the blogosphere, I just can't resist!

Green peppers, hmm, well, I'll tell you now that tomorrow's a no-go, but I did use them recently in the summer pasta salad, and with turkey (can use steak for this too--delicious!), and a long time ago with potatoes. Any red ones? Love those roasted!

NYC, grazie :)

Paolo, esattamente non lo so--almeno quaranta ma mi sembra di più. Ti giuro che sto proprio morendo di caldo! Glad you liked the photos :)

Blogger MommaBoo said...

Best of luck sognatrice! If they awarded the prize for earliest post or tastiest post, you'd certainly win.

I wish I lived somewhere exciting. Alas, Montgomery, AL is so boring...

Best of luck, sweetie!

~blessings~

Blogger all over the map said...

I loved your meme. LOL! You are good girlie! You know people. That was classic.
ciaoooooooo xo

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha -- I like 3, too. My kind of bloggers. :)

Blogger Rebecca said...

hello sognatrice... I found you over on Jennifer's blog.

I think I'll move to Italy where I can be too thin!

Jennie, I've never been to Montgomery, but I'm sure there's something interesting happening every day--you just have to keep watching :)

Cheeky, thanks :)

Sara and Rebecca, I only have two words for you: Mangia! Mangia!

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's cold here in Umbria-- yes, cold.

They predicted 45°C yesterday and I had to wear socks to bed instead.

Judith, I can't say I'm not jealous. I'd love just one chilly night right now--but I can't complain about today. Started out really, really windy, but now it's just a cool breeze. It's still around 30 degrees, probably more, but it feels lovely after 40+.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

number three is my favorite! what great words to hear. :)

Aimee, it's a very popular choice :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer