02 July 2007
if the blog's a rockin' (and a random photo!)

I'm honored to announce that I have been named a Rockin' Girl Blogger by Grace at Sandier Pastures. I just stumbled across this Dubai-based blog recently, and I've been a faithful reader ever since.


Grazie mille Grace!

Update: Just after I posted this, I saw that JennieBoo had tagged me too, so thanks JennieBoo (with a button coming back at you)!

And in all of life's irony, I'm also choosing today to announce that blogging will likely be slowing down a bit around here as we slide deeper into the summer schedule. P and I are moving down to his house (about a minute walk away) over the next couple months--there's quite a bit of work on his house to be done so it'll be in stages. Lots o' work ahead my friends.

In fact, I spent much of this weekend (when I wasn't hanging out with Cherrye!) packing and also trying to fix up the Photobucket fiasco in which most of my blog's photos were replaced with "bandwidth exceeded" messages. I'm almost there, but not quite, so bear with me.

Anyway, now I will pass along the Rockin' Girl Blogger title--first to all my fellow She Who Blogs members, and also to five worthy girl bloggers (although there are many, many more on my sidebar--if you're there, I think you're rockin' too!).

In no particular order:

1. -R- of And You Know What Else whose latest post ends like this:


When we went to Target today, I was wearing a new t-shirt from Target, a new skirt from Target, and gold sandals from Target. For some reason, I am self-conscious when I wear an all Target ensemble to Target (or an all The Gap ensemble to The Gap, for example). Like someone will notice and think, Try shopping somewhere else for once, you freak!


2. Stefanie of Stefanie Says, who wrote in a recent post about home breathalyzer tests:

I won't go into the details (because I'm not entirely clear on them myself and also because it's not my story to tell), but I will say that she ended up missing that party I hosted recently not because she flaked out, fell asleep, or got a better offer, but because while I was mixing mojitos with my new muddler, she was bonding with prostitutes and drunkards in a city jail. Good times.

3.
Somepinkflowers who recently share with us a lovely Tourist Tuesday through St. Augustine, Florida:

Today's Tourist Tuesday posting is brought to you by Our Lady of the Looking Up. Her prayer is not to stop and smell the roses; her prayer is to stop and stretch your neck, chin held high, and look around. See there what you have been missing.


4.
Wanderlust Scarlett of From the Shores of Introspect and Retrospect, a fellow dreamer who recently wrote:

Sometimes following our dreams takes more bravery than we think we can muster, but once in a blue moon we find ourselves face to face with the opportunity to reach that far off neverland, where the fantasy becomes reality. It takes a very special and true kind of courage to step up to fate, close your eyes, and step off the ledge to discover that you can indeed fly.

5. Cherrye of My Bella Vita my kindred spirit here in Calabria who wrote about not being able to hold a grudge:

When I was younger I would forget I was supposed to be mad at someone, see them, and smile or wave. Then . . . dang! You just can't go back after that and say you forgot! That negates everything.

Blog on girlfriends!

Ah, and here's something I found while going through folders for Operation Photo Replacement. This was taken outside of Catanzaro a few months ago from a moving car, showing that sometimes it really is better to be lucky than good.


P.S. Sarala, I'm on that meme!

Labels: ,



22 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Enjoy the summertime songs!

Thanks Corey :)

Blogger somepinkflowers said...

oooh,

~~~~Rockin' Girl Blogger!~~~~


no one will believe this,
BUT I AM SPEECHLESS!

...well, ALMOST speechless.

thanks ever so for the Honor
and as you make your way through summer, stretch your neck & look up, too.

oh,
unless you are carrying a bulky bit
to your new home...
then, mind the step!

:-)

PS--does this mean no more snaps
of drink cans taken on the balcony?
no more glorious blue-sky & wondrous-hills
in the background spilling over?

SPF, excellent advice, as always :) Sadly, yes, this means no more balancing things on the railing for rolling hills and the sea shots...but a new view to come. We're working on getting an even better one than exists now at the new house, but it'll take some cooperation from the neighbors and city hall. Positive thoughts please?

Blogger -R- said...

Thanks!

Good luck on the moving. That does not sound like fun. Are you going to be living part time in two houses for a while then?

My pleasure! And no, I'm not excited about packing. I'll be happy to be in and settled in the new place--I'm hoping to be completely, absolutely set by the end of the year--but I just hate physically moving. Since there are some renovations to be done on the new place, though, that'll be kind of fun. We'll basically be here in this house, moving things in a little at at time there, so we'll kind of be in two places, although not really. As it's been for 2 years, I've been going down there to do my laundry (it was P's parents' house, but they've moved so it's empty although livable), so not too much will change until we actually start sleeping there. September, perhaps.

Blogger Giulia said...

Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. I'll miss (just to name a few) your wisdom, playfulness, creativity, and overall kindness on a regular basis. But, I'll take sparse visits and posts over none at all. Best of luck with the move and especially with the neighbors and city hall! I know all too well what a pain in the ass the combination of those two factors can be when trying to fix up a home... especially here in Italy!
*Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way*

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You deserve the title, my friend.

Love that picture. AWESOME.

Blogger Paul Daniel Ash said...

Since there are some renovations to be done on the new place, though, that'll be kind of fun.

"Kind of fun?" Were you being facetious, or have you never lived in a house that is being renovated?

:-D

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is always rockin' and I (among the throngs) will continue knockin'.

I actually envy you and P's quest and the work you face ahead. I hope it goes without too much trouble or unpleasant surprises. Don't forget to write this summer, to explore that mind, to push that heart.

Blogger MommaBoo said...

I hate you'll be away, but I understand. Best of luck with your new project!

Oh, and the pic you posted it beautiful!

Ciao for now!

Blogger all over the map said...

You do rock!
Oh the joys of moving. I'm looking forward to the blog material moving and fixin' up the place will bring. :)
You will be missed but I know it won't be permanent, RIGHT? No pressure or anything.

Giulia, aw thanks for the kind words. And I will take all the good vibes and positive thoughts you can share, as I'm sure to need them :)

Nino, thank you, and thank you :)

Paolo, well, the part that will be fun is the selecting of things, redecorating, so to speak. I'm not looking forward to the actual process--but hopefully we won't be staying in the house while the renovating is being done, if all goes well.

gt, thank you, and your advice is well-taken. I promise I won't forget to do all of those wonderful things :)

Jennie, thanks, but don't worry--it's more of a sporadic posting thing than a hiatus. I'll definitely be around on Wednesdays for cooking, and I'll try to post at least photos regularly.

Cheeky, why thank you! You rock too, you know :) Yes, I'm sure there will be plenty of blog material, but in the meantime, I'll try to string some cohesive thoughts together to post semi-regularly. Anyway, I have some memes I need to do before I even think about taking a break ;)

Blogger Stefanie said...

Hey, thanks! You rock, too, my friend (though obviously you already had the button telling you that). :-)

Blogger Karina said...

Glad to hear you'll only be slowing down, not completely stopping with the blogging, because I do so enjoy reading about your life over there!

Good luck with the renovations and especially city hall and all!

Oh, and thanks for the button...right back atcha!

Stefanie, you're welcome, and thank you ;)

Thanks Karina; I've enjoyed hanging out at your place as well :)

Blogger Cherrye said...

Thanks, Michelle...I'm honored to be named a Rockin Girl Blogger from such a rocker! Plus, I am dying to get over and read more from those other gals. Their blogs look GREAT.

Now, how about a show of hands...who REALLY thinks our Sognatice can stay away from the blogosphere?!?

Cherrye, yes you should definitely check our your fellow rockin' gals. They are something :)

And you may be on to something about my staying away from the blog. I never meant that I'd be taking a hiatus, just that I probably wouldn't be around every single day (especially the weekends)...but look, I've been here every day since ;)

Blogger Unknown said...

What a gorgeous picture!

Val, glad you like it :)

...and twenty years later...

WOW!!! Thank you so much! That's so sweet, and I am thrilled beyond words. I can only manage squeals of excitement just now.

Grazie Bella!!!

This is my first blog award EVER, and you were the first person to ever leave a comment on my page... so it's perfect!!

Sognatrice, yours is one of my favorite pages, one that I love to visit as often as possible (when the lion here and I aren't traveling around), glad we got back in time for this! So honored.
We will be here for a long time to come.

Thank you tremendously, again.

Scarlett & Viaggiatore

S & V, well thank you for your kind words; this is a richly deserved award, and I'm sure that it's one of many headed your way :)

Post a Comment

<< Home

footer