I'm sure that you, Dear Reader, get a certain impression of me from reading this here blog thingee. Perhaps because I tend to focus on the positive and keep it light, you, DR, think I'm like that in everyday, real life as well.
And to some extent, I am.
But truth be told, I'm not sure that "positive and light" is even the majority of my personality. I can be quite snarky, catty, and complainy, indeed--just ask P. But those aren't traits I want to take over the other parts of my personality.
Because as fun as a smart ass remark is every now and again (*so* fun!), too many can add up a lot of negative energy that I don't think will help me live a good, peaceful life--and I definitely want that--or help the world at large. There's enough negativity out there without my adding to it.
And so I try to keep this little corner of these Internets mostly positive and light, hoping that maybe, just maybe that part will sink in, will become the norm inside of me, will bleed into my cynicism and negativity and at least counteract them a bit.
I wouldn't want those baddies to disappear completely, though, because then I'm afraid I wouldn't be me. In fact, I'd probably be more like the Dalai Lama (yes he has a website), and I'm just not up for that kind of responsibility.
Have you ever been told to act like you fit in and people will believe it, and eventually so will you? That's kind of how I feel about this whole living and blogging process, within myself I mean. Over the past several months, I've been positive and looking on the bright side more than ever, sometimes even when I don't *feel* it--and you know what?
I'm starting to believe it, to be it, and I'm really, truly happier.
But that doesn't mean I have my moments.
So here (after the longest intro to a meme ever) is a great opportunity from The Freelance Cynic to share just one:
5 people who will be annoyed you tagged them.
- Paolo at World Citizen
- Nat at Marmite Breath Slept Here
- Ally at Crazy Dust in My Coffee
- Judith at Think on It!
- Sara at Moving Right Along
4 things that should go into room 101 and be removed from the face of the earth.
- A certain administration of a certain "world power"
- Anyone who abuses other people or animals
- People who talk too loudly on public transportation
- People who troll the Internet looking to start trouble
3 things people do that make you want to shake them violently.
- Not re-evaluate their beliefs every once in a while, if not regularly
- Not simply appreciate being alive every day
- Get medically unnecessary plastic surgery
2 things you find yourself moaning about.
- How much I hate clothes shopping here
- How much I hate cleaning the house, especially as I'm packing
1 thing the above answers tell you about yourself.
- If I were omnipotent, I'd solve the problem of world overpopulation with those first four moans.
- Link to the original meme at freelancecynic.com so people know what it's all about!
- Be as honest as possible. This is about letting people get to know the real you!
- Try not to insult anyone - unless they really deserve it or are very, very ugly!
- Post these rules at the end of every meme!
Even if I haven't tagged you, please feel free to play along. I see that my She Who Blogs buddy Jennie Boo has already played, and I hope you will too.
Misery loves company!